So, the baked brie with apples recipe we shared earlier in the year has officially been taken to the next level! I was experimenting in the kitchen the other night and this is what I came up with… Enjoy!
- Granny Smith Apple
- Brown Sugar
- Crescent Rolls
- 3 Tbs Butter, melted
- Slice the brie in half and layer the brown sugar and thin slices of apple in the middle
2. Replace the top half of the brie and repeat the process of another layer of apples and brown sugar.
3. Wrap the brie in the crescent rolls and coat with melted butter and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Need a little more spice in your life? No, you don’t need to learn how to salsa or mambo, you could just try this delicious recipe for mulligatawny soup Mulligatawny, meaning “pepper water” and curry give this the little bit of kick you’ve been craving. And the best part? It’s got apples! Thanks to all recipes for the awesome guide!
Makes 6 servings
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup heavy cream, heated
- Saute onions, celery, carrot, and butter in a large soup pot. Add flour and curry, and cook 5 more minutes. Add chicken stock, mix well, and bring to a boil. Simmer about 1/2 hour.
- Add apple, rice, chicken, salt, pepper, and thyme. Simmer 15-20 minutes, or until rice is done.
- When serving, add hot cream.
- Enjoy! Be sure to have some water handy in case it’s too hot!
Need a delicious new salad idea for a family dinner? Try this fresh new option straight from Martha Stewart , an Apple, Grape and Celery Salad! Super easy, super healthy, and super delicious. What more could you ask for?!
Apple, Grape, and Celery Salad
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal, with leaves for garnish
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans on rimmed baking sheet, and bake until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine celery, apples, grapes, vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine. Garnish with celery leaves.
- 1cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 6apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3cups water
- 1/3cup oil
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- 2In medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the salt. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- 3In another medium bowl, gently stir together Apple Mixture ingredients; set aside.
- 4In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- 5Spread apple mixture evenly over cake batter. Sprinkle Topping evenly over top.
- 6Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Hey everybody, great news! I am officially a college graduate! Which means, more time to find awesome apple recipes and bring them to you! This one, from Savoring the Thyme looks incredible, and could easily be a picnic cornerstone.
Wheat Berry Apple Salad
Ingredients (unfortunately, the website didn’t give amounts for the ingredients, so feel free to experiment!)
Cooked wheat berries*
Organic granny smith apple, chopped
Scallions or sweet onion, minced
Seeing as it’s important to have the wheat berries cooked, this is an easy guide to do just that, courtesy of eatingwell.com.
- 2 cups hard red winter-wheat berries, (see Tip)
- 7 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sort through wheat berries carefully, discarding any stones. Rinse well under cool running water. Place in a large heavy saucepan. Add water and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse. To serve hot, use immediately. Otherwise, follow the make-ahead instructions.
Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Whisk the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil until well combined. Toss with salad.
As an add on to my most recent recipe, here’s another that includes Brie! If you couldn’t tell, I’m a huge fan of this cheese… It is my favourite! Many thanks to Dancing Branflakes for giving us this amazing recipe! I will be making it this weekend for my boyfriend when he gets to Florida to join me, I will make sure to absolutely let you know how it comes out! Not only is it delicious, it is also aesthetically pleasing! Check it out-
- Crescent Rolls
- Granny Smith Apples
- Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Get your crescents ready on a baking sheet (homemade or store bought)
- Slice a peeled apple into one inch slices.
- Layer the dough with Brie, apple, pecans, and a drizzle of honey.
- (as pictured below)