Subscribe to Newsletter!NameEmail *
Are you searching for the perfect gift for a great gift for the upcoming holidays, or perhaps a birthday or anniversary? Or, maybe you have always wanted your own apple tree, but More »
Part of the pleasure of growing apple trees on your own property derives from biting into freshly-plucked fruit. So getting a bumper crop from your orchard in fall, eating a few of More »
PLEASANT MOUNT – An apple orchard on a Wayne County farm predating the Civil War may find new life as an organic operation. “You take a chance with any agriculture,” said Dolores More »
Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and a pinch of ground cinnamon in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add the bread in a single layer, turning until all the egg is absorbed.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter, and add apples, stirring to coat until starting to caramelize. Add the water, cooking until water has evaporated and apples are tender, about 4 minutes.
Pour in the maple syrup and a dash of ground cinnamon; simmer for a minute to combine.
In a large, heated nonstick skillet, melt about 1 tablespoon butter and saute the soaked bread until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes. Place French toast on a plate and top with apple-maple mixture, plus more butter if you’d like!
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.
2. Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
3. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
5. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread; let cool completely (about 1 hour).
So, 2015 has arrived with a bang, and we here at RentanAppleTree.com stepped up our game first thing this year! What better way to celebrate then with a gooey, warm, apple infused treat?
Our thoughts exactly! Which is why we here at Rent an Apple Tree saw fit to create our Cinnamon Apple Monkey Bread as the first sweet treat of the New Year! Simple and delicious, the only thing that could make yours better is if you used some of your very own Rent an Apple Tree apples! Once you’ve finished perusing our official website, throw on an apron and get to work!
Let us know what you think!
Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2015 from the Rent an Apple Tree Team!
All of the candles have been lit, all of the presents opened, and all the extended family has left – all that is left is the book you’ve been reading and the tree! What better to do then slide into those pajamas left by the elves and sit down with the tree, your book, and our Caramel Apple Eggnog!
Now, I’m sure you’re wondering where the ‘caramel’ part comes from! Well, add a splash of Black Velvet Toasted Caramel whiskey and enjoy the adult version!
Happy Holidays from the Rent an Apple Tree Team!
Looking for the perfect dessert to bring to your holiday parties this year? Look no further, we here at RentanAppleTree have you covered! So, go grab some of your favorite apples from our official website and get ready to impress your guests!
Winter Break, I’m ready for you! What would you do with your first free day in a month? Well, if your first thought was to bake a delicious Apple Crisp, then we would be on the same page! I have my Caramel Butter Rum candle burning, and that mixed with the lingering smell of this Caramel Apple Crisp is olfactory paradise, believe me! So, once you’re done perusing our official Rent an Apple Tree website – light up your favorite candle and get to baking! Once again, AllRecipies.com doesn’t disappoint! Check it out –